||CHO RAY Hospital
201B Nguyen Chi Thanh Street, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City, VIET NAM
Tel: 84-8-38554137 - 84-8-38553318
Elective Program Training Guidelines for Foreign Doctors
at Cho Ray Hospital Viet Nam 2017
Who can apply?
Applicants who are Surgeons are welcomed to participate a training course at Cho Ray Hospital. In order to be eligible for a limited number of clinical positions for foreign trainees, the following requirements shall be met:
1. Applicants must be in good health and have recommendation letter from their own University/ Hospital
2. Teaching language is English. Our teaching medium and clinical practice are mainly in English.
Required Application Documents
The following documents should be submitted 1 month prior to the beginning of the training course.
1. Completed the self application form* (available on www.choray.org.vn)
2. Recommendation letter from your academic supervisor or director of your University/Hospital
3. Brief Curriculum Vitae
4. Copy of Medical Diplomas (notaried)
4. Photocopy of your passport (the page containing personal information and photograph) (scan file)
5. 01 photographs, passport size (scan file, jpj file, at least 50kp)
What to learn at CRH
|Standard laparoscopic cholecystectomy training course at the Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery Department (HPD)
||1 - 2 weeks
||300 USD # 6.789.000 VNĐ
500 USD # 11.315.000 VNĐ
|- Laparoscopic Digestive Surgery at the Digesttive Surgery Department
|- Laparoscopic surgery at HPD
| GI Endoscopy course
|| At least 1 month
1000 USD/month for Doctor
# 22.630.000 VNĐ
Advanced Endoscopy course (ERCP, Therapeutic)
Note: basic endoscopy diploma required
|At least 1 month
500 USD/month for Nurse
# 11.315.000 VNĐ
1. CURRICULUM FOR STANDARD LAPAROSCOPIC CHOLECYSTECTOMY TRAINING COURSE
DURATION: 2 WEEKS
1. Basic instrumentations for laparoscopic cholecystectomy
2. Standard laparoscopic cholecystectomy using 3 trocars
3. Two-port and single-port laparoscopic cholecystectomy
4. Intra-operative cholangiography
5. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in acute cholecystitis
6. Complications of laparoscopic cholecystectomy and management
The trainees will assist cases of laparoscopic cholecystectomy with surgeons from the Department of Hepato-biliary-pancreatic Surgery, practice knots tying, making cholangiography. The trainees also can assist cases of acute cholecystitis, if available.
Director of the training course: Dr. Doan Tien My, Chief, Dept. of HPB Surgery
2. CURRICULUM FOR THE TRAINING COURSE OF ADVANCED LAPAROSCOPIC DIGESTIVE SURGERY
DURATION: 1 WEEK
1. Current issues in advanced laparoscopic digestive surgery.
2. Thoracoscopic and laparoscopic esophagectomy.
3. Lap surgery for hiatal hernia and diaphragmatic hernia.
4. Lap Heller’s operation.
5. Lap gastrectomy with D2 lymphadenectomy.
6. Lap colectomy.
7. Lap abdominoperineal resection.
8. Lap low anterior resection and TME for rectal cancer.
9. Hybrid NOTES in lap colorectal surgery.
10. Lap rectopexy in rectal prolapse.
11. Pitfalls in advanced laparoscopic digestive surgery.
Attendees will assist or observe operations at the Operation Theatre (2nd floor) from Monday to Friday. The operations start at 08h00 in the morning. There will be about 2-4 cases / day.
The larparoscopic operations may vary in many kinds of advandced digestive surgery likes:
Thoracoscopic and laparoscopic esophagectomy
Lap gastrectomy with D2 lymphadenectomy
Lap Heller’s operation.
Lap colorectal surgery: includes Lap colectomy, Lap abdominoperineal resection, Lap low anterior resection and TME for rectal cancer, Hybrid NOTES in lap colorectal surgery, Lap rectopexy in rectal prolapse…
1. Attendee has attended the Basic Laparoscopic course with Certification..
2. Have some laparoscopic experience in basic laparoscopic surgery (cholecystectomy 30 cases, appendectomy 30 cases)
Director of the training course: Nguyen Viet Trung, MD.PhD.
Chief, Deparment of Digestive sugery, Cho Ray Hospital
Application procedures and other information
- Physicians can apply by email the application documents and send directly to the Training Division of Cho ray Hospital, email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- “Acceptance letter” will be sent then
- With the approvals by Choray hospital, Physician will come Choray hospital for the training course then, please bring the originals of the “Required Application Documents”
- Principal of training method: Hands – on training
- Time for receiving application: At least 1 month before starting the course
Who you can contact
Mr. LAM DINH TUAN HAI, M.Sc.
Head of Office – TRAINING DIVISION, CHO RAY HOSPITAL
Tel: 84 8 3 8 553318
Fax : 84 8 3 8 575171 or 84 8 3 8557267
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Trainees should apply for visitor visa for the training course.
Registration Procedure at Cho Ray hospital
- Come to the Office of Training Center on the second floor of Cho ray Hospital with the originals of the “Required Application Documents”
- Arrange the detail schedule for the training course, comple paper works (Mr. Hai – Head of Office)
- An orientation speech will be given to the trainee (Dr. Nguyen Ngoc Bich, The Chief of the Training Department )
- Name tag: will be supplied
- White coat: need for the course
- Pay the tuition fee and get to the department
Learning in CHORAY HOSPITAL
- Every Trainee is assigned a supervisor who will be responsible for the overall objectives of the elective program at the department the Trainee attend
- Every Trainee will have an introduction about Cho ray hospital activity after registration.
- Trainee is not allowed to execute clinical work without physician’s supervision.
- Completion of elective program certificate: a certificate will be given to the Trainee upon his completing training courses and passing the performance evaluation by his or her assigned preceptor.
- A formal elective report and a questionnaire (enclosed) upon completion of the elective program would be mandatory before completion certificate can be given.
- The Medical Library is open for Trainees all working hours, internet available.
- Working hours: 7am to 11am, 1pm to 4pm. For Emergency Dept., the Trainees will study in shift
- Trainees use White coats (blouse), stethoscope during working hours. Wearing shorts is not allowed in the Hospital
- Perdium: The staff cafeteria on the Ground floor, near the auditorium, opening during workdays offers Vietnamese food (breakfast, lunch) (about 1.5 USD per meal).
- Vaccination against Hepatitic B should be taken before coming to Choray Hospital (if possible)
- Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) against HIV is available in the Hospital. The Infection Control Dept. of the hospital is in-charge for this.
- Useful phone numbers:
- A. The telephone number of the Training Centre, Cho Ray hospital is 84 8 3 8553318
- B. Head of Office: Mr. LAM DINH TUAN HAI: 0903 692 394 or 84 8 38553318 for application information and consultation
- C. Police: 113, Fire 114, Emergency 115
Day-life in Ho Chi Minh City
- There is no accommodation inside Cho ray hospital
- Trainees can find hotel in the city center, or near Cho Ray hospital, these are some Hotel address
1. Ngoc Lan Hotel (near by CRH)
Address: 191 C Nguyen Chi Thanh Str, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: 84 8 39573576
2. Phuong Ha Hotel (near by CRH)
Address: 195 A Nguyen Chi Thanh Str, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: 84 8 38571522
3. ARC EN CIEL HOTEL
Address: 52 – 56 Tan Da, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: 84 8 38 554435 Fax: 84 8 38 552424
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.arcencielhotel.com.vn
4. Son Ha Hotel (near CRH)
Address: 8-10 Tan Khai, District 11, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: 84 8 38530093
5. Some of foreign Trainees would like to stay in the City Center of Ho Chi Minh city, District 1. It is more convenience for sight seeing, shopping and other services. It takes a round 10 minutes to CRH, by bus or taxi.
1. Transportation in Ho Chi Minh City: The best ways of transporting within Ho Chi Minh City are taxi, bus or walking. If you stay in Ho Chi Minh more than one month, we suggest you use the city bus
2. Transportation within Viet Nam: Bus service, domestic flights, railway or are available for traveling in Viet nam
In comparison with many large cities, Ho Chi Minh has relative lower crime rates. The streets are considered fairly safe even at night. Like anywhere else in the world, women should use caution when riding in taxis alone, or walking late at night.
Around the Ho Chi Minh city, the potential for sightseeing and exploration is unlimited. Please go to website of Tourism in Viet Nam for travel suggestion and more information.
Estimated living expense:
Exchange Rate: 1USD = 22.630 VND (changeable)
|Estimate cost per month
||USD # VND
|Accommodation (10 - 20 USD/day)
||300- 600/month # 6.789.000 - 13.578.000
||150/month # 3.394.500
- Application form
- Trainee record (fulfill when arrive)
- Elective report